30 December 2014

Shards of the past

"As the year comes to an end, don't look back at yesterday's disappointment." - Buky Ojelabi


I can't believe this year is about to end. Time really does fly. I have been here for almost a year now. How things have changed. Though I didn't have the best time this year. It was one of the shittiest/crappiest year I have ever had (I think). But at the same time, this year has took me out of my comfort zone and brought me up to a whole new level. I grew so much, I learnt how to handle tough times and I "broke free".

This year I've gone through so much heartache and pain. I left my whole life behind and it felt like I had nothing left. It was difficult, but I got myself to snap out of it and look at it like it was a chance to start all over again, and make less mistakes/try to do everything right this time. I'm still getting a hang of it, I still do get sad sometimes, but I'm doing pretty good. I try to be optimistic about everything/anything :).

I'm hoping to keep this "feel" up. I'm starting to love life here more and more each day. My future is becoming more clear; I'm beginning to know what I want in life, and how to get them. Well yes, I do feel like I'm maturing. It feels like I've finally cut ties with my childish/immature self. Wtf, I'm turning twenty-two in less than a month. So I SHOULD be acting my age, really. Which I think I am lol?

Anyways, I'm not going to make any resolutions for next year, or maybe not anymore. Because I end up accomplishing nothing at the end of the year. So why should I waste my time coming up with a list of the impossible things I cannot/will not do? I shall just stick to achieving my dreams. Just got to push myself to study real hard, do what I love to do, love myself and be happy. That's bout it. Have a great NY guys! XX

p/s: Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment