26 July 2013

All is black

"I felt a splinter of guilt wedge into my heart." - Jodi Picoult


Here he is, all mine, trying to give his best to give me all he can. How could I ever hurt him? But I didn't understand then; that I could hurt somebody so badly, he would never recover; that a person can, just by living, damage another human being beyond repair. I made a mistake, it was all my fault. And that's all it will be: one big scar of love went wrong. No one will see it, no one will know, but it will be there. Even when I stop crying, even when we fall asleep and I'm nestled in his arms, all of the scars will have scars. I hurt him, I shredded his heart with one hand, and it's only going to get worse. So why did I hurt him? It was like I took a shot in the dark, then realised I was too late, because I had wounded the person I was trying to protect. But after being heartbroken for so long, I think I had made myself completely numb inside. Maybe not from physical pain, but anything emotional. I'm so sorry, Hsiang. I'm so sorry love.

1 comment:

  1. But only you can mend me. I am whole when I am with you :). All is well . I love you ♥

    ReplyDelete