20 May 2013

The little things that makes me happy

"Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things." - Ann Brasheres


1. Being able to access all the social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Keek, tumblr, Google+, Blogger, Skype, Foursquare, Pinterest... you name it. As long as there's 3G or WiFi.

2. Knowing that I am still young to do things like ride a roller-coaster (I have never that done before, maybe soon), bungee-jump, get a tattoo, walk along Yarra River, eat a dozen burgers at one go.

3. Trying out a new hobby. I recently did some watercolour painting and taught myself to play the ukelele. I can play a few songs, but I kinda suck at strumming. I just don't know how to strum yet.

4. Getting off work early.

5. Learning to be comfortable with uncomfortable situations. Making new friends, a new workplace or department, taking public transports to work, being surrounded by mandarin-speaking snoops.

6. Knowing that there are still some people out there who loves me for who I am, cares for me, appreciates me, admires me and who will always there for me when I need them, or want to see them.

7. That I had made it through that very awkward puberty phase: top braces with food that never fails to get stuck in between, pimples on my cheeks and broad forehead.

8. How my relationship with my parents has changed from being curfew prison guards to my best friends. (Yup, I can now do whatever the hell I want!)

9. Pretty clothes that fit, shoes that fit, rings that fit.

10. Brand new episodes of my favourite TV shows. How I Met Your Mother, Revenge, Once Upon A Time, Arrow, Sherlock, The Carrie Diaries, Elementary and the list of my favourites goes on.

11. Molten lava cake.

12. A really good cup of latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment