25 February 2013

Peter Pan

"She was one of the kind that likes to grow up. In the end she grew up of her own free will a day quicker than the other girls." - J.M. Barrie


I found out that growing up can mean a lot of things. Growing up is hard, it's never straight forward. There are moments when everything is fine, then there are other moments where I realise that there are certain memories I'll never get back and there are certain people that are going to change. They said growing up was watching your own breasts grow, your waist widen and hairs sprouts on your erogenous zones. Strangely, even when we have stopped growing physically, we seem to keep on growing emotionally. But growing up changes more than just playground games and body shapes. Many years went by, I've been growing up, slower than I want to, faster than I realised. But life is such.

p/s: And don't you find it odd? That when you're a kid, everyone, all the world, encourages you to follow your dreams. But when you're older, somehow they all act disappointed if you even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment