30 January 2013

Where there's smoke

"If clouds are blocking the sun, there will always be a silver lining that reminds me to keep on trying..." - Matthew Quick


I feel like the days are going by faster, slower, sometimes just the same as always. It isn't about what my watch or clock tells me, but it is what I personally feel about the speed at which my life is passing and I find it kinda irksome to catch up.

I have been in college for two years now. And basically, this semester is my last. Now that is fast. What isn't fast is that I have to wait for about two years or so to be with my boyfriend, who is now in the states, doing his degree. Well, that to me is a long wait. But I think once I have done two years of waiting for him, I'd smirk and say, "That was quick". So... what is it with us, human beings and time? With all the "........... we all grew up too fast", "I feel freaking old!", "So fast lah", "I should not have done that", "How I wish I could turn back time" and the list of complaints goes on, and on, and on.

Why can't we leave time alone? I know I can't. I, for some reason, just love bellyaching about time. I'd think about the past, I'd wish I hadn't done this, I wish I hadn't done that and just "WOW, THAT WAS FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment